New Game Plus for Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night refers to initiating a second consecutive playthrough after finishing the main game. Players will see some differences with the initial playthrough, and get to carry over certain progress. Completing the game on Normal also unlocks Hard and Nightmare difficulty settings, as well as speedrun mode which has built-in per-room saves.
- Please see Endings for an overview on how to acquire the possible endings.
- Please see Game Progress Route for an overview on how to plan your progression through the game.
New Game Plus in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
How to Unlock New Game +
- New Game Plus can be unlocked by beating the game for the first time. By now, you should have an idea that there are multiple endings that can be obtained depending on your actions and how you progress through the game.
- The requirement to unlock NG+ is by reaching the final boss and finishing the game with the true ending. If a player finishes the game with a bad ending, it will result in a Game Over and the game will jump back into the main menu where you can reload your latest save file.
How to Choose New Game +
- Assuming you've beaten the game and ended with the true ending, you can select New Game + by highlighting the last save file where you'll see the New Game + option at the lower part of the screen. Choosing the option will convert the save file into a New Game + file.
What Changes in New Game +
- Currently, there aren't any changes that apply in New Game +. However, if you were able to beat the game in Normal mode, you can unlock Hard mode and change the difficulty. This will increase the health and attack of both an Enemy and a Boss. The same goes with unlocking Nightmare mode, beat the game in Hard mode to further increase the difficulty of the enemies and bosses.
- There are no changes that apply in New Game +. But it is expected that there will be changes once a new patch is released with free DLC.
What Carries Over into New Game +
- Once you choose New Game +, you will start at the very beginning of the game with Miriam. Most of the items will be carried over, however, Key Items and Shards that help progress the story won't be carried over, this also includes O.D.'s books.
- Here's a list of the things that are brought into NG+:
- List of items that aren't brought into NG+:
- Trigger Shards: Blood Steal
- Effective Shards: Craftwork
- Directional Shards: Reflector Ray, Aqua Stream, Dimension Shift
- Skill Shards: Double Jump, Invert, Deep Sinker, High Jump
- Weapons: Zangetsuto
- Armor: Aegis Plate
- Consumable Items: Waystone
- Progression-related items: Passplate, Identification, Silver Bromide, Village Key, Carpenter's Key, Warhorse's Key, Millionaire's Key, Celeste's Key
- Materials: Bovine Plume
- All library books
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
When you obtain the shards that help progress, do they revert back to level 1? or are they max level or same level as you had it before new game +?
difficulty does not change a bosses' or enemies base health. instead, it just increases the amount of enemies per room, and their damage Nightmare mode removes leveling. I like nightmare mode, but i would recommend it for a new game + rather than first time Some enemies or fights are just not worth the stress, ZANGETSU xO